Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Popular Marriage Blessing

What is it about the summer months and weddings? I know of at least 10 people who have either been part of or have taken the plunge, said their vows and decided to have a wedding in the last 4 weeks. One of these couples are my friends Randy and Melissa Glasel.



Shortly after Randy popped the question, the two of them decided to include me in their big day by praying for, and blessing their marriage. For the prayer, I decided to include a scripture passage and let that be the base of my prayer. Then I finished it off with the old school King James Version of The Lord’s Prayer. To my surprise people enjoyed it immensely. Shockingly it has gained some popularity with the people I have shared it with so I figured why not post it here? So here you go; here’s a copy of it for you to see and perhaps use yourself.

PSALM 44:1-8
We have heard with our ears, O God; our fathers have told us what you did in their days, in days long ago. With your hand you drove out the nations and planted our fathers; you crushed the peoples and made our fathers flourish.
It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.
You are my King and my God, who decrees victories for Jacob.
Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes.
I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Oh Lord, like many others here I rejoice in the marriage of Randy and Melissa. Lord Jesus I ask that you bless this marriage. Bring them together like no one else can. In times of joy may they seek you. In times of trouble may they seek you for you are the one that provides. I believe that you brought them together and I ask that you keep them together. I don’t know what the future holds for these two but whatever it is, I ask that you provide for whatever Melissa and Randy need. In all things, may they rejoice that you were with them guiding and directing them.

Our Father, who art in heaven
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

*** If you decide to use this, creates some inspiration for you, or find it fascinating yourself I would appreciate a comment articulating so. Thanks and be blessed! Tim Bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment