Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Strength In Numbers

“Two heads are better then one” was a song I remember hearing on Sesame Street when I was a kid.



The great thing about the classic children’s song is that there is some truth behind it in every day life. The reality of strength in numbers is also reflected in scripture.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 says: Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Proverbs 27 reads: Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel. As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Prov. 27:9 & 17).

This came to the forefront of my mind late last night. I was reflecting on my day and sharing about my laziness with a friend. She then encouraged me to end the day on a high note, by not dwelling on my slothful ways, and start the next day fresh by picking up the slack I incurred Monday. It’s about midway through the day and I already am feeling better and more productive about today, thanks to last night’s strength in numbers.

2 comments:

  1. i appreciate the classic sesame street video :)
    And love Ecc 4:12. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say, "Better then a Tim Horton's donut hole," shouldn't it be "Better than"?

    ReplyDelete