Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Trusting Words From The Apostle Paul

Last night I heard an interesting quote regarding the life of the apostle Paul.

The resource that was the apostle Paul to the church was massive. And God gifts him and makes him into this person who is an apostle and a teacher and a preacher and the church gets established through those gifts. And yet those gifts because they get exhausted for Jesus lead him to prison.

He went on to talk about the trust Paul had put in Christ. The profound thing about the life of Paul was that amount of trust he put in his savior. Carrying the message of the Gospel, afforded him many scars as Paul’s mission took him before abusers and persecutors on numerous occasions (see 2 Cor 11:24-28). No matter how bad things got, Paul had this reassurance that everything was going to be alright. I would suggest maybe that’s why Paul was able to say

“I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.” (Philippians 1:20-22)

No comments:

Post a Comment